Wanted : Minister of Arts and Sciences
Responsibilities for the office include:
- Quarterly reports to the Society Minister of Arts and Sciences.
- Reporting the state of the office to the Crown at Coronation.
- Overseeing Arts and Sciences officers at the local level.
- Oversee the Kingdom Arts and Sciences Tournament on the second weekend of October.
- Oversee the running of the Kingdom Collegium on the second weekend in April by the Deputy A&S Officer/ Dean of the ROIU
- Oversee the running of the Queen’s Prize Tournament by the Deputy for the Queen’s Prize Tournament.
- Editing the Kingdom Judging Rubrics
- Managing the Outland’s A&S website at moas.outlands.org
- Deputies include
- Dean of the Royal Outlands Interkingdom University (who is responsible for the Kingdom Collegium on the second weekend in April
- Deputy for the Queen’s Prize Tournament
Suggested skills: Familiarity with spreadsheets, Microsoft Word or equivalent, Google Forms and knowledge of the Kingdom Event Process.
Wanted : Kingdom Chamberlain
The Kingdom Chamberlain manages all of the Kingdom Regalia. This individual must be a self-starter, able to work with Microsoft Office products, and is comfortable talking to the Crown, their Retinue, and Kingdom Officers to schedule inspections and talk about any needs or repairs. A list of the duties are, but not limited to, the following.
The Kingdom Chamberlain is:
- Responsible for the storage, inventory, and maintenance of the physical property belonging to the Kingdom. This includes determining that the regalia being checked in and out is in a serviceable state and completing/updating an inventory of property at the end of each reign and reporting it to the Kingdom Exchequer;
- Responsible for contacting each Crown at the end of their reign to schedule an inventory check, typically done at Coronation before stepping down;
- Providing the necessary paperwork for the checkout process for the new Crown at the beginning of their reign, typically done at Coronation after morning Court;
- Responsible for creating and heading a Regalia Committee who shall assist in the creation of new items of regalia, replacement items, and provide help to the Crown in the maintenance of regalia items;
- Reporting regularly to the Kingdom Exchequer:
- updated inventory and lease agreements after each reign;
- updates on regalia that is currently in process of being made or repaired monthly or quarterly, depending on the item;
- Responsible for creating/updating regalia tracking and bringing it into the digital age of the modern day;
- Responsible for creating/updating all procedures pertaining to the office.
- Responsible for finding and training deputies in the duties for this office.
This position is financially warranted and reports to the Kingdom Exchequer office. The Kingdom Chamberlain is authorized to receive reimbursement for travel to all Crown Tournaments and Coronations based on actual gas receipts per the Outlands Financial Policy.
We will be accepting letters of interest through February 28, 2021 for these positions. Please send your letters of intent to the following individuals:
Call for Articles
We are seeking articles that promote the various activities we do in the SCA and the Outlands. These articles will be used on the Kingdom Website to promote the various activities, and as a way for search engines to key in on us better. Your name will be listed in the byline and you will earn the gratitude of the Kingdom.
Write about what brought you to a certain SCA activity, why you love it, and so forth. We will lightly edit it for web use, and post the best essays.
Some ideas are: various A&S topics, bardic, court dancing, camping, feasting, gaming, tournaments, court, heraldry, etc.
We already have archery and fighting represented, but here is so much more to the SCA.
Thank you kindly!
Don Carlos Nieto de Andrade